View Single Post
Old 04-06-07, 08:41 AM   #7
Jace11
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 1

I think I am going to concentrate on ship layers first.

With all the layers, it looks very daunting... and a lot of work...

Having looked at the layers I notice all the convoys in a layer have the same start time and end time. And contain convoys from previous layers.

For example all convoys in 41a (except those starting from Manila) start at the same times and end at the same time. These appear to be copied into the next layer.. but with dates changed for 42a

This could provide a systematic way of incrementally building each layer quickly. Once 41a is edited, you can copy that into 42a then edit the extra convoys that have been added, then use that in 42b, 43a etc....

Additionally, I am checking waypoints and whether these will cause the convoy to cross land... eg a radius zone around a waypoint can cause a convoy to run aground as the convoy can arrive in that zone at any point and then proceeds to the next WP, while a direct line from the center of the zone may be open sea, from the tangent of the zone to the next WP, there is sometimes land, I have found a few of these already..

Checking formation columns, eg no point have 4 columns if there are only 5 or 6 ships in the convoy, better to have 3 columns for the smaller convoys..?

Currently on 41a convoys... a long way to go...
Jace11 is offline   Reply With Quote