View Single Post
Old 03-29-22, 05:19 PM   #10
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
this feature will make any Joint Operation rather riotous, such as the lifeguard missions during the Solomons Campaign, etc.
Yep lol. Definitely makes the player stay on edge when comes to contacts, slip up, will get you killed, esp later war. Although I took great care to make sure the actual allied units and these "pretend" allied units do not interact, so don't have them slugging it out and killed immersion lol. Well, other than say a "friendly fire" patrol plane attacking a actual US sub off the US coast etc as , have witnessed such attacks. Just after exiting Panama Canal while testing out East Coast New Construction mod, watch PBY dropped depth charges on a S boat off Panama, boat smoke then quickly went under, then turned towards me , submerged and heard two explosions. Also allows for "depth charge indoctrination" in new construction careers and training.

I lost my 14 patrol career in Nautilus, one patrol away from career end and sailing back to US in early 45 (added the trip as a "patrol", with perils along the way of course) to friendly fire, because I let me guard down. November 1944, was off Morotai heading to Mios Woendi to end patrol after completing successful mission, including using guns to finish off the stranded DARTER(added this to the campaign, as Nautilus did this in real life). RWR detected radar emissions but I was in a supposed safe zone given Morotai was in US hands. Well, the DE (Butler Class if i recall) closed and did not register he was a "Friendly Fire" until fire on me. Missed with gunfire but given advanced US sonar and sound gear. Located me, got me with hedgehogs and depth charges.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote