View Single Post
Old 09-01-05, 06:57 AM   #8
CB..
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col7777
Cheers CB, does this also increase the air strikes or does it just increase the range of the spawn, I'm in work right now so I can't test till later?
both Col-- we are both still using the un-patched game (*is that right ?)
and one of the issues i have is that during the campaign the normal airstrike cfg settings result in practically no air cover at all for the allies no matter where you go..so i cranked the range up to hope fully help that side of things....i thought that if a merchant or other spots you then it would be resonable to have the chance of an airstrike dramatically increase

so yup it increases the stock range for a triggered airstrike (via the range entry)
and almost garantues that soon after getting within firing range of a merchant whilst surfaced -an aircraft will appear....
(doesnt seem to matter wether the ship actually detects you or not- fuzzy logic perhaps)

and if there are any DD patrols nearby; soon after you will see one or two come over to have a look see if one of those detects you then often another DD will head over to help (if there's one nearby) i dont think these DD's are spawned AFAIK they are allready there and going about their normal patrol route untill alerted to your presence by the aircraft..UNLESS ---and this is a guess--- the normal entry date and interval/probability rules get over ruled in the case of detection by an aircraft and the DD's appear ahead of schedule in order to respond to the situation? (this i must admit sounds a distinct possibilitygiven the frequency in which this occurs..a little too regulary to be by chance?)
this is in my game just about the only way the aircraft get spawned at all most of the time ...if i dive as i spot the merchant then the aircraft doesnt get triggerred..and if the aircraft doesn't get triggerred then the DD's don't turn up.i cant find any radio sensors or equipment in the game so i'm assuming this is purely an AI function..

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B.Yeats
CB.. is offline   Reply With Quote