View Single Post
Old 05-12-13, 09:36 PM   #26
StarTrekMike
Navy Dude

Downloads: 137
Uploads: 0

At this stage, I am yet to see anything that will make me even want to try SHO, aside from the rather glaring realism and immersion issues, I just don't like the sleazy nature of almost every F2P system I have ever tried and I don't ever intend to back off from that position despite how many times people say "it is the way things are going to be".

When I look at SHO, I see Microsoft flight, I see Mechwarrior online, I see every other F2P followup to a prestigious (and traditionally single player) franchise, Flight failed due to a sad attempt to retarget it's market, Mechwarrior online is but a hollow shell of what it once was and SHO (from what i Have been hearing from those who play it and footage and interviews) is again nothing but a hollow shell, it is Silent hunter but in name only.

I would rather pay $60 for a complete game experience with a single player mode and other non-online only features, making a game F2P will always mean compromises in gameplay so that the microtransaction and MMO elements fit.

Finally, I think it is important to note that there are few (if any) F2P games that really let you enjoy the same level of fun throughout the whole game while paying no real money into it (there are but a few exceptions), often the highest priced games I have played are F2P and if you don't pay, you get less and less of a experience in the end.