View Single Post
Old 08-19-16, 08:49 AM   #64
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Thank you very much SkyBaron for one of the geekiest mod for SH games ever!

This awesome mod should definitely become part of TWoS IMO and I have already done some testing with ingame messages. I've tried to make encrypted combat orders for secondary missions (patrol grid, reposition orders ect) but that wont be so easy because we can use only decoding data for current ingame year...

Is it possible somehow to make it possible to use , for example, decoding data for 1939 even if ingame year is 1940?

Encrypting other campaign mesages is pretty straight forward process but those messages are quite rare (base transfers and occasional reports of ingame scripted convoys) .
G'day Vecko, if you run the EME.exe from the desktop, you can select any year, month and day from 1939 - 1945 to encrypt from the dropdown menu. When in game, as I discovered trying to replicate the example in the manual, I was only able to get access to the ingame year which was 1939 and the example was for 1942 so I couldn't select 1942 to stay in sync with the example Skybaron was referring to. I'm just heading out to the NW Approaches patrol, November 1939 and trying to get Bdu to send encoded messages for me to practise on. Had no luck yet but I think it's more to do with the amount of Old Tawney Port i've had while trying...bad habit I picked up while visiting Portugal.

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote