View Single Post
Old 01-02-13, 02:06 PM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default In numbers - disaster for Microsoft unfolding

A German article, I just pick the key message of it:

Even the massive rebate granted for Windows 8, has not helped it to even leave the starting blocks. Business is extremely antipathic to it, And Acer and Fujitsu are quoted to complain about massive drops in sales of notebooks and computers due to the W8 installed. Net Application Services says that W8 currently has a market share of 1.7% only. In Germany, the pendant service by Webtrekk shows that it has a market share in Germany of only 0.56%. Surprisingly, even on the smartphone and tablet market W8 could not score so far, but performs even worse than on the notebook and OEM market.

For comparison: Windows 7 had already 6% of market shares after the iuntiial 2 months, and then saw a rocket-boosted steep climb.

I like this news, preidcted this news, I applaud and celebrate this news! To hell with W8. I hope the shockwave that currently blasts into Microsoft's face leaves them in paralysis for longer time to come. I still think that W8 has the potential to become a much more serious debacle for MS than Vista was. And they deserve it for their arrogance and imperial habitus towards those they expect to even pay them for this crap.

If they do not learn the message this time, than they never will learn it: you do not force your wanted profit-stuff down your customers' throats, but you better deliver customers what since long time they again and again recommend, advise and ask you for. Keep the good things and do not abandon them just for the sake of re-inventing a rounder wheel.

The chance that Linus now will be pushed even more for by heavyweights like Steam and others, have grown. This could push Microsoft so much on the defence that they simply cannot afford anymore customer-hostile projects like W8.

Future looks better for PC users now! I hoped for a belly landing of W8 since the first feature list and policy description I stumbled over, with the policy intention behind it having worried me even more than the incredibly stupid interface (for a keyboard+ mouse setting). So do not be envious if I take quite some joy from this bad news for MS! I do not laugh about you, but about Microsoft. As we say in German: wer den Schaden hat, spottet jeder Beschreibung.