View Single Post
Old 01-23-08, 01:46 AM   #5
Stanny
Loader

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBorza
Is firing passive CMs a tactic that reaaly works?

In this particular mission this tactics really works.Despite your submarine laying on PD with all engines stopped,other enemy subs in the area can still see you.I guess,that happens because they ping you being actually close to locations of those ASW surface ships (Grisha V corvettes).You cannot see them pinging you in Sonar Active Intercept,cause it is showing only enemy surface ships pinging you.

I was firing both passive and active shallow countermeasures,just for jamming purposes in critical moments.I loaded intermediate mission save once,and checked what will happen if I do not fire any countermeasures at all-I was fired upon by either Kilo or Victor-III classes.

So,in conclusion,this tactics are mostly suitable when you are actually surrounded by enemy ASW forces,pinged constantly,and have to await for a certain time to accomplish the mission (as tracking Akula untill 17 o'clock in that mission),and when your evasive maneuvering capabilities are limited (if you accelerate-you are compromised).
Stanny is offline   Reply With Quote