View Single Post
Old 01-21-08, 01:44 PM   #1
Stanny
Loader

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
SCXIIC-detecting enemy submarines manually

Hello everybody,

I am learning how to detect enemy submarines manually in SCXIIC.At this point,all my efforts have proven unsuccessful.

I am going an "Akula Port Egress" mission without any auto crewmen,and really want to detect Akula exiting the harbour.

Well,I must say,I have tried nearly everything.Took a vantage position just at the exit of harbour,stopped all engines and started listening.

Broadband dispays turned on to STA and ITA modes show primarily large merchant traffic.I turn on Narrowband mode and try to find something like submarine noise signature there.Still yet nothing,only a couple of Grisha corvettes,fishing boats and large cargo ships.
OK,I switch between hull,sphere and towed sensors-results are similar.

Then,I decide to accelerate to 5 knots and go a bit inside the harbour.Several "Shkval" torpedoes are launched from the harbour,boat is destroyed,and I see that it was just that Akula (Gepard) which I had to track into the open sea.

Ok,giving it a next try.Loading save at the same vantage point and start listening again.Now I decided to try pinging that Akula.Switching to Single Transmission,sending a lone signal and..."Shkval" torpedo incoming.Mission failed,the boat was destroyed by Gepard (Akula).

Final attempt.Starting at the same entrance of harbour,switching on time compression.Engines switched off,I am lying in absolute silence at the depth of 150 feet.Here are back Shkvals and all the doring consequences as well this time.

Guys,I am really confused.I don't know what to do. How does Akula detect me,while I am keeping absolute silence?I scrolled the bearings she launches Shkvals from numerous times in Narrowband,in all sensors but see nothing.

I will appreciate any advices how to detect that Akula manually in this mission.

Best regards,
Stan.
Stanny is offline   Reply With Quote