View Single Post
Old 11-22-21, 05:21 PM   #9268
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

A good review on the historical reasons why so many Europeans of German tongue are unvaccinated. But for no money I can get Google to translate it. Try your own luck with entering the link or text, or use your alternative translation source.

There is plenty of traditional vaccination scepticism in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and even after the first mandatory - and quite successful - vaccination in Germany in 1847, against pox, agitation against vaccination remained strong. All countries and even parts of northern Italy speak German, German is the most spoken language in Europe, before English, French, or Spanish. Mutual supportive opinion pieces and conspiration theories thus can spread in Europe faster and cover greater terrain in German than in any other language. Its thus not a random event that vacicnaitoncanmpaigns stalled espoecially in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, at least the Swiss scepticism movement is very strong

What the author ignores is the tradition of the health movement and body cult of the Nazis, and before them the naturlaists (FKK naked bathing and all that...) that I think also must be mentioned. As I always say, Germans are hysterical romanticists, and that includes health, body and food. But okay, you cannot have it all, the article is good enough as it is..

https://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/...ue#pageIndex_2