View Single Post
Old 03-08-15, 11:28 PM   #12
nsomnia
Weps

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

Your last sentance is broken english and doesnt make sense sorry, you want to see pics of my aircraft models?

There are charts online that list compatible colors ie XF-56 Tamiya enamel flat metallic grey = 10483 Testors Steel or something.

I usually mix my own colors.

Sorry about the lack or order here again,

My hand mixed Tamiya metallic flat grey by using 1 part gloss grey 1/2 part steel and 1/8 part thinner to make it flat

Test fit the side props, they spin nicely with a friction fit, dont need pins.

Drilling holes for the inboard props so that I can add shafts and allow them to spin

Tried for a friction fit but didnt have the right size rod or drill bit and didnt want to use old sprue.

Glued in.

Test fit

Mix some putty for castings for the holes

Get it in there with a dental pick a often forgotten essential tool for model building is a nice collection of basic dental tools and then cut off the excess with a razer for a clean edge.

Push the shafts in and wait for it to cure

Looks good

Used the Testors color rubber instead of flat black since im all out of black for the welded part inside part. Looks alright a little on the brown side works for now.