View Single Post
Old 06-18-13, 09:42 PM   #2
kg6eyr
Wheelchairing Weirdo

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Alright, I think I've figured it out, to an extent. I just need to sort two things out now.

First, upon examination of all sonar can offer, except for active, I'm getting dual contacts on my two allied vessels participating in the torpedo/ASW exercise. One with an M designation, and the other, I can't recall. (It's a completely unknown contact, but it usually trails aside, or is directly astern the friendly vessel on the NavMap.) Would that be the actual sonar contact of the friendly vessel, and the already pre-classified friendly vessel shown on the NavMap just be there for kicks?

I'll see if I can annotate my next session better to get more details.

Secondly, the Akula - I know where she is, and I've been pointed right at her but from pretty far out, since I'm running silent, or around 3 knots at periscope depth, however, I can't pinpoint her on sonar to ID and classify. Need I drop down a layer and see if I can hear her then?

Honestly, I'm beginning to feel that I'm way better off in Silent Hunter than I am in Sub Command.

SH4 Current Status Report: Sub School 4/5 - Convoy Attack WIP - Pre-Pearl Harbor Career

SH5 Current Status Report: Patrol 1.5: British Supplies: 22 Sunk - Total Tonnage: 125462 - Post British Coastal Waters
kg6eyr is offline   Reply With Quote