View Single Post
Old 03-03-10, 09:30 AM   #189
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

there is a major a problem with the fix in 1.01 to TDC off targeting, namely:

1. w. manual TDC + map updates "off" + TDC off + locked TGT:

-you get no info on the track of your TGT, but the firing solution (yellow line) is aiming at where your TGT is going. On 100% realism, the firing solution w. TDC off should point straight down the sight bearing (i.e. where your scope is aiming), you should not get cheat clues on where to aim. I presume this was the goal of the "fix" in 1.01.

in this shot, I have locked on to a ship in the view of my scope (the light blue cone). I do not see the ship or its track, but the predicted path of my torpedo (yellow line) aims where the ship is going to be. In actuality, it should go straight down the view bearing (i.e. down the light blue cone);

2. w. manual TDC + map updates "on" + TDC off + locked TGT:

-the situation is reversed. You get info on the track of your TGT, but the firing solution (yellow line) is aiming straight down the sight bearing (i.e. where your scope is aiming) and not where the ship moving to.

example:

in this shot, I have locked on to a ship in the view of my scope (the light blue cone). You see the ship and its predicted track, but the predicted path of my torpedo (yellow line) now aims correctly straight down the view bearing (i.e. down the light blue cone);

the fix has been reversed, on 100% realism, w. manual TDC + map updates off + TDC off, you should not see the ship or its predicted path and the torpedo should shoot straight down the bearing (i.e. light blue cone).