View Single Post
Old 04-30-20, 01:27 PM   #408
Fidd
XO

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

I'm interested, and a little concerned, as to how this will be implemented. Specifically if it's inter-boat or only intra-boat voice comms. It seems to me that if it's inter-boat, then there's a huge potential problem of (say) the crewman on one boat mistakenly trying to comply with the orders of a captain on a different boat.

Added to the issues with inter-boat voice comms, is that of simply not wishing to hear puerile conversations from an idiot on a different boat.

So, unless Wolfpack vox-comms are limited to within a single boat, it's likely cause more issues than it solves.

If the implementation is only single-boat, then this will create situations where occasionally captains will want to hop onto another boat's channel, so it's likely players will continue to use Discord or similar anyway, however, there's now the additional issue of that player simultaneously hearing two transmissions, one on discord and one on WPvoice….

So i'm struggling a bit here to see the point of native game voice comms, especially if they're lobby-wide once within the game.
Fidd is offline   Reply With Quote