Thread: 2023 BOSS Noms
View Single Post
Old 04-24-23, 07:51 AM   #11
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Onkel Neal has made a Best of SUBSIM nomination.
Nomination Category:
Quote:
Most Helpful in General
Nomination basis: Awesome follow up with the solution to the issue, I wish more players would do this.
Forum: Classic Subsims

Nominated Member: hps3445
Nominated Post: Battery charge indicator and fuel gauge.
Quote:
Hello, i wanted to ask about a possible bug in PA, either that or i just don't know how the sim works. It has to do with the the battery charge indicator. I ran training mission 1 and 2 and noticed that the red bar doesnt change at all on the battery charge gauge; even after running at 17 meters below the surface for at least 3 to 8 hours under time compression. Same after running the diesel engines at a protracted amount of time. The gauges never shifted one iota. Im thinking they should have shown some movement but perhaps i did not run the sub long enough. It is a training mission and although i turned on the realism settings for the unlimited fuel and unlimited battery i still didnt see any change. Unless i would have to start a new mission for the setting to take effect, i just don't know. If anyone has any ideas of how those gauges are supposed to work, or how to get them working, im here. Let me know. I really appreciate your time and feed back. I think in the mean time ill try to reinstall it and see what happens. Thanks everyone, Shaun

:Kaleun_Salute::ping::ping::ping:

Update: Just a few minutes after i posted this, i tried starting a new mission in default SH2---with the realism settings on for both the battery and fuel gauges; ran at 256 time compression and saw that there was a needle tick mark that moved down the battery charge indicator, that i never saw before as I havent played a Silent Hunter game since almost 2010, and at that never owned it long enough to get aquainted with the gauges and controls until now. Anyway the Diesel gauge needle is also moving, so it seems the crisis is over lol. Thankyou guys. Shaun
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote