Old 09-28-16, 09:04 AM   #6004
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3
Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
I've searched but can't easily find the answers, so sorry if it's a duplicate.

Problem 1:

I've started a new career, but all the TDW UI or even the standard UI is completely missing.

Problem 2:

I can't even click on the yellow 'i' to show the task. It registers the click but nothing is displayed.

Problem 3:

Is there someway to modify the mod before activating it to stop it replacing the english language NPC feedback with the german. I want to play 'realistically' but I don't speak German and I don't want to. I think this should be optional and not forced because it adds nothing to gameplay, but I can see how for some people it might fall under 'immersion'.

Problem 4:

Is there a way to customise the keyboard shortcuts because my keyboard doesn't have the arrow / page / home / number pad keys.

Problem 5:

Can I start a new career without having to do the 'tutorial' mission first? And yes, I"ve checked that the XML file has been changed as per the install directions.

Problem 6:

In the stock game, you do the tutorial and then head straight to Kiel and then get a briefing. Am I right in saying that's been removed and instead I hunt for polish shipping until some point instead?

Thanks
The TWoS mod is very stable and just about every problem that people encounter is due to not following the install instruction precisely. The tutorial cannot be started or played with any mods but it must be started to initiate the required files in the SH5 folder in My Documents which is where all future player and campaign info is stored. Once the tutorial has started and you exit out of the game, the CareerHistory.cfg in the My Documents SH5 folder can be modified to read: HasCompletedTutorial=true. This is when the Main.cfg file can also be modified as per the install instructions. Make sure that the Main TWoS mod is installed in the Silent Hunter 5 main directory...all other mods then are install in the MODS folder that is created when you activate JSGME.

This is also when you activate the Generic Patcher and install the provided snapshot. The TWoS mod relies on the correct application of the Generic Patcher to function correctly. THEBURBSTER tutorials has all the info on just about every SH5 subject so have a look through the material because it is an invaluable resource for everything SH5. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804

I will upload the English voices for you that you can install with JSGME when you have your TWoS install sorted and will add the link to this post when it has finished uploading. (128 MB) I will also give you a link to my version of the OFEV TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py which has the UI set up to mouse in/out (you'll have to change the U-boat Number and Captain's name) and also my version of the Generic Patcher snapshot which bypasses Uplay. Put them in the MODS folder and activate them with JSGME in the bunker before starting a new campaign if you want to try them. You will still have to use the Generic Patcher to activate the snapshot. Creating a shortcut on you desktop for the OFEV and Generic Patcher can make life easier. Also make sure that the required pathways to the requested files is correct for both of these applications.

If you install everything correctly, keyboard bindings are not a problem because everything you need to do can be accessed through the UI. If you own a microphone, Speech recognition adds a whole new dimension to the game and the only thing you need a keyboard for is to walk around. I use Speech Recognition_MiTons_NewUI_Editon_v0.4.1_english which can be found in the Subsim downloads section.

English Voices:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kwubay...ish_Voices.zip

My Generic Patcher snapshot:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wrztmw...r_Snapshot.zip

My User Options py
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ymhmui...Options_py.zip

Extract the files into the MODS folder and activate with JSGME.

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"

Last edited by kevinsue; 09-28-16 at 04:33 PM.
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote