Old 05-31-13, 11:05 AM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Hey, long-tall, welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan_Phillips View Post
can't really figure out the immense amount of hate this new Silent Hunter Online lark is getting.
No hate from me, but more than a little negativism. I'll try to explain in a reasonable manner.

Quote:
you'll be able to login and play the game with others. This, to me, is a great thing.
If you're after a multiplyer game, I'm sure you're right. If it turns out to be a good one, then great. I'm not after a game at all, but a truly good submarine simulator. Ubi seems determined to avoid giving us that. Hence the "hate" you see. I would call it righteous anger myself.

Quote:
SHO will allow a greater number of this community to join up in a game together, which is kind of what it's all about, right?
Again, not for those still waiting for a decent subsim, and wondering if we'll ever see one.

As for mobile use and other cute gamey things, this looks to me like they're getting farther and farther away from what I want. I'm not a gamer, and am not looking for something to waste my time on. I want a subsim that reflects life in the boats, and while SH3 comes the closest they still haven't gotten it right.

That's my rant, and I can watch Karen Gillan anytime I want.