View Single Post
Old 10-31-11, 02:52 PM   #18
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rpheus View Post
Yeah it's definitely something I want to take a look at, and it'd be nice to contribute a mod to the community. Currently I'm bogged down with writing a Dissertation for Uni (mature student, lol), trying to kickstart a career in games journalism and find a job that will allow me to fund a Masters Degree in Creative Writing next year at the tune of £9000 for a year's course with enough time to actually study... but when all this starts to settle down I'll have a lot more time to focus on it. OHII seems like a perfect place to start, too.

You might find me tapping you up for help converting the new dialogue text into a workable format though, as the actual text is separated by various code sections which I don't understand! Would probably have to convert it into a more coherent doc to do the work, then back to a coded document for mod use
I think I counted that with Mighty Fine Crew I have almost 30 crewmembers
and I wondered if it is technically feasible to add dialogs to all of them, or only the ones which are available now.

In either case this would be a very interesting mod because in this case the original idea was very good - add a feature to interact with individual crew members, quite exciting in combination with the walkable interior. It was used only sparsely and the dialogs are not that good, but when I imagine this with other things like blankets, crewmembers playing cards or the bare chested guy in the intro, it would be quite impressive.

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote