Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 01-22-23, 02:50 PM   #1678
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCid97 View Post
Just a question: Is the high resolution a requirement or is it just a recomendation since that's the resolution it was designed in?

The highest resolution I have is 1600 x 900, not 1920 x 1080. Is this like the newer SH3 mods which REQUIRE you to have the resolution (hence the fact I can't use them)?

I'm able to run KSD2: Aces at 1600 x 900 without any issues and was woindering about the DW mod to compare the two and see which one I like better. I wouldn't mind doing another fresh install of SH4 for DW, but I'd rather not go through all the time and effort if it turns out I can't use DW in the end.

That being said, is a comparison between the two much like Pepsi and Coca Cola: matter of taste? Or are there actually some things that are better in one but not so much in the other. I ask because I really like the "readback" of the telegraph orders in DW that I've seen in videos, but haven't run into in KSD2:Aces. Same for the map - it seems FAR better in the DW videos I've seen.

Same goes for the periscope depth thing. In KSD2: Aces it seems the boat wants to breach before going back down to periscope depth. I noticed in some videos the way to stop that is to go to general quarters / action stations, but was wondering if that was an issue in DW as well.

Still working on the US side of the house, but would like to dip my feet into the other side as well. I did enjoy LSH3-V2015, just hate the fact that thing takes forever to load. SH4 is a thunderclap compared to SH3, it seems. I'd like to see what the other side was like in SH4 with the mods installed as opposed to the regular, default U-Boat career you can use.

I have SH4: Gold with the CD's still working, which I've been told is a miricle in and of itself since they're so old!

Thanks for any input!

ElCid97
all of the mod-related-resolution items, such as the home base screen, crew screen, menu, medals, etc are built for 1920 x 1080.
you can probably play at 16x9 as 1920 x 1080 is 16x9. things might look a bit distorted...and then again, they may not.
the best you can do is try it.

btw, Dark Waters takes a few more seconds than the Pacific mega-mods to load -up because it loads all of the Pacific files AND Atlantic files, Caribbean files, Gulf of Mexico files, Black Sea files, Med Files, Arctic files, Baltic files, Indian Ocean files, well, you get the picture.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote