Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 12-21-22, 11:37 AM   #1674
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedros View Post
Ah ok I figured they were indifferent to game purposes (crew in conning tower).

About torpedoes loadout I mean to Change default loadout to avoid drag torpedoes one at a time at the start of each patrol, for Sh3 I used tweak pack but for sh4 there isn't.
I'm trying doing manually but without success.
Basic.Cfg has much less function in SH4 than it did in SH3.
If you wish to work with the torpedo loadout manually, you will need to use Windows Explorer and find the current/latest Savegame folder.

any changes you make must be performed between missions while you are in port.
never make this type of change to a Savegame during an actual patrol mission. it will result in all types of results, all of them bad.

find the file within that folder that is named ActiveUserPlayerUnits.UPC.

Make a copy of it before you change anything. the fastest/quickest/easiest way is to select the file and perform a ctrl+c and then a ctrl+v.
open then ActiveUserPlayerUnits file with a plain, test editor, such as Notepad.
locate each torpedo tube in that file and change the loadout, following the naming convention that you will see within the file. for example:

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 1.WeaponSlot 1]
ID=TorpMountS1
NameDisplayable=Torpedo Tube V
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=TorpedoTube
UserCustomizable=No
IDLinkBunker=SternTorpedoRoom
ExternalNodeName3D=NULL
ExternalObjectName3D=NSS_Uboat9b_Door02_BR_anim
ExternalDamageZoneTypeID3D=61
IDLinkWeaponLoaded=TorpedoTube533Ger, T4Torpedo

the T4 is loaded in tube 5. if you want another weapon loaded, replace the T4Torpedo with another torpedo name. BE CERTAIN that the one you choose is currently available for your boat, otherwise....CTD.
normally, there is a list of available ammo a few lines below the IDLinkWeaponLoaded line, such as this:
AmmoTypesAccepted=T1Torpedo,T1Fat1Torpedo,T2Torped o,T3Torpedo,T3Fat2Torpedo,T4Torpedo,T5Torpedo,T7To rpedo,T11Torpedo,T1Lut1Torpedo,T3Lut2Torpedo

the AmmoTypesAccepted will list the ammo acceptable to that tube but the ammo may not be necessarily available.

perform the IDLinkWeaponLoaded change for each of the desired torpedo tubes.

the extra torpedoes are stored in different areas than the torpedo tubes, named Bunkers. Find them within the ActiveUserPlayerUnits file and make changes similar to the changes described above, following the syntax that is in that section.

save the file and go out on patrol.

good luck, Herr Kaleun.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote