View Single Post
Old 08-23-09, 04:03 PM   #339
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358
Uploads: 0

Patti, Peggy, Jane, and Katie, I am so glad the memorial went well and was such a special time for you all and for the memory of your dad. Neal and Mark I am very glad you were there to be there and to also represent all of us who care a lot and appreciate so much Capt Alford's dedication to so much. It is hard when someone special passes on but the comfort is that their spirit and the love that they shared remains with those who were part of both, and it has been both an homour and a deep gift for all the sharing here and for us to be able to honour a special man who serves us all .... God Bless you all and I will mark November 30th on my calender for special prayers and rememberance. I will ask a family member who is the keeper of a special emblem of honour to mark that day too, in Navy style, i will write you girls about this, and in the meantime, God Bless all the famliy and friends of the Captain and thank you Neal for giving us this chance to honour the Skpper's service, life and family here.

Salute