View Single Post
Old 04-28-22, 08:46 AM   #9
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
One of my most heartbreaking moments was I attacked a TF with the Yamato in it and did great damage to it. I suffered damage in the counter attack. I came up later and gave chase as the Yamato had fallen behind out of the TF. I had few engines destroyed and it was a long chase like barely catching up to it. I had a few bows left and hit it and it went dead on the water. I turned to give it my remaining 4 stern torps... When I fired the first one, nothing...torpedo tube destroyed, and the same for all the rest. Course shot all my deck gun into it later in a storm,..knowing better. It was tilting so far over it couldn't shoot me and I went in full speed and rammed it hoping a lil shove would push it over. Actually did this with a carrier once. Didn't work.

Ahhhh yes, the old TMO tubes destoyed bug lol. I (mostly) solved it in the new damage model. Usually if they are knocked out, you will at least know. I still out of habit check after every depth charge attack lol. If hit open key and heard the noise of tubes flooding/door opening, then are good to go. If not, yeaa. Of course if have external cam on can also check them.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote