Old 01-14-22, 08:02 AM   #3
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
yes, that can and does happen.
sinkability is a function of the mod-set.
some mod-sets have re-worked the damage profiles of many ships, which is mammoth task, such that torpedoed ships require much more damage and/or time to sink.
in fact, yesterday, i was playing TMO_BH, last few months of the war in 1945.
i was having my way with a convoy when a DD/DE slips into the vicinity. she did not start pinging until she was within 1500 yds. that does not leave the old Kaleun much time to react.
we fired a Mk27, real close aboard, and it hit, in the stern, but that bast@ard kept coming, pinging away. i went to external view and watched as she was still sailing under power while her stern dragged her under. she finally went vertical, stern first.
the point is, that there many game variables involved in getting a ship to sink.

as far as the images issue is concerned, you shouldn't have difficulty using those third party sites in order to display graphics here at Subsim. i use ImgBB all of the time. make sure you grab one of the BBCodes to paste into your post here.

Love when that happens lol, have had it happen to me as well, where you are not sure if the "Cutie" worked since results are rarely immediately apparent due to the small warhead. The AI is not even fully aware its damaged yet lol, so keeps pining, may even drop a DC pattern then the flooding starts or prop is fouled ,good stuff lol

I increased the hitpoints of the cutie slightly since previously it was underpowered. I also tweaked the damage models as well.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote