View Single Post
Old 07-06-22, 07:42 AM   #3645
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
What else? Isn't it enough to propose some self-quarantining as long as the test is positive? Do you run around and meet friends when you have the flu?
Is there anyone who has seriously proposed to incarcerate infected people?
What about isolation of infectious cases in a clinic, isn't that reasonable?
Self-quarantine yes. I have self quarantined four times in the last two years. I've had Covid and I am triple vaxed. There is a difference between that and the punitive mask, vax and shutdown the economy rules that have been imposed. Again I'll ask the question .. how far would you let it go before you say that is enough? Here in Canada we have seen this government over reach and it is ugly. People who simply donated money to anti vax protesters had their bank accounts frozen. That same government imposed the Emergency Measures Act, some thing that is only supposed to be used in a time of war to shut down that protest. I don't know about you but I definitely think that is a line that should not have been crossed. Covid is a perfect opportunity for the authoritarian bent in some countries to rear it's ugly head. It's a brave new world.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote