View Single Post
Old 03-24-22, 02:59 PM   #2539
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Yes; there will be East Coast traffic. However, everything outside of Europe and the Med will be basic .... coastal towns and cities in North America will not be modeled to the same detail as the North Sea/European Atlantic coast. Destructible buildings, bridges, etc from Maine to Florida is just too much work; no way am I creating a realistic New York City circa 1918... I'll probably just leave in the stock SH4 non-destructible buildings.

But you will have ships carrying ore and fuel, among other things, spawned from the Caribbean & the Gulf of Mexico, plus coastwise traffic moving past Cape Hatteras & other areas where U-Boats historically sank ships in WWI. These spawn points will be designed mainly for Cruiser Submarine careers with the U-139 Class. Possibly some missions will involve boats like the U-51 Class (as mentioned in that video), which were smaller but could reach the US Coast during the war.

Excellent. Yes, would not expect to added destructible buildings etc all over US east coast, too much work and not needed as to my knowledge really were not attacking land targets in US same way did in europe yes? I just meant traffic to interdict traffic etc.

I just finished adding light houses all around US east and west coast lol and such a pain. If map edit mod in the ME would not cause a CTD every time try to add a new unit would be okay. I end up having to mark the coordinates on map and then adding via notepad, quite tedious! lol However, managed to build half way decent representations of some bases and cities play will use during new construction and transit to pacific, as well as relocating bases such as Cavite that were in the wrong location, in addition to adding light houses and labels on key places across the theater and globe.

Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote