View Single Post
Old 06-22-22, 03:38 PM   #58
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
The 'reshaping of society' would be the attempt to change long held beliefs and norms to advance a political and social agenda. [...].
Had written a long answer, but it vanished due to a browser glitch (Edge, of course)

In short:
Imho the lgbtq thing is a counter reaction to gay etc. people having been suppressed, criminalized and condemned for centuries, and all those reforms and civil rights being introduced never tackled this.
I do not think that sudenly more people are becoming gay /lesbian /bi /transgender /queer /whatever just because their "coming out" is suddenly allowed as being regarded as normal, and accepted as such, still minor compared to the statistical representative cross section of what you call humanity. Accept there are always some who are different, try not to humiliate them.
This has not much to do with "left" ideas but with human biology and relations, including tolerance. When i think about what England did to Alan Turing it still makes me vomit.

"The reshaping of the society", young humans have always had new ideas and old people were forever ranting against them, right or wrong. Give them time, it will all work out in the long run. And (unfortunately) nothing has or will really change(d).

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote