ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Thanks for the idea, Bob,
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...5&postcount=13

I found a gauge decal set on ebay!

If you decide to go crazy on the Torino, check that link for Detail Master.
Wait and see how the kit "builds" first.

Meanwhile, I have the 1/18th Shelby GT 350 die cast parked until some parts show up.

My normal source for die cast sent an e-mail with some Close-out models they wanted to unload, one of which was a Torch Red 2010 Mustang priced under 30 dollars. This Mustang caught my eye because its basically Stock but has the "shock tower brace" installed above the engine. The brace doesn't make sense for this car, its one highlight is the 5 liter V-8.

But, the Shelby didn't have one. It will, soon. I guess the other argument is that I need a Torch Red Mustang in the collection to join its six siblings on the shelf.

So, I took last night to tackle the Purple Monster, the 1997 classic Mini. This is my first Solido die cast and its cheap but well executed. The paint is really quite good. The windows all needed polishing and cleaning and I wanted to make some small color changes to the interior. The white accents on the steering wheel and shifter are now Light Ivory plus I added Tamiya XF-57 Buff as the main interior, shift boot, and headliner color. Metallic Purple and White is tricky to match but this came out nicely. I also added some P/E bezels to the small gauges and I need to order a 3/16ths inch aluminum tube to cut out and polish the large gauge bezels.

Oh, my Platz NUNU showed up today from Japan. This is the 1/24th scale Porsche 935 K3 (Lemans winner) and its hard to believe that I finally have one in the stash. I'll build it some day, but for now its just fun to look at.

Also on the drawing board, I might have found a cheap source of mirror-look mylar sheets. This is a "room décor" kit for adding a cheap self-stick mirror to a dorm room or prison cell, but it should re-purpose well as mirrors for model kits and die cast. I'll write about it once its in my hot little hands.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote