View Single Post
Old 07-21-22, 10:47 PM   #50
Mustang19
Seaman

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Harkaman View Post
Well I would wish that your scenario would be a playable challenge, while learning a bit of history. I suppose I would rather enjoy playing against Libya's paper strength maybe a couple blinders and even by some miracle they got a sub or two working. Have you done anything with random groups? Maybe each time you play the scenario these things might be different?
That's a good idea. The random groups only work for surface vessels but I will implement them. Certainly plausible they could put a sub together and some missile boats, which will kill a carrier if you're not paying attention.

As a challenge you should try to accomplish the objectives as fast as they historically did. The mavericks in the game are actually 15 mile range, JSOW kind of weapons. Anyone can kill sams from far away, the challenge is getting it done quickly and prioritizing. In reality they did not have hundreds of JSOWs with perfect detection of SAMs and it would be harder.

I agree with the idea to make a challenging scenario based on paper strength (the strength listed in sources). Libya will have a real Air Force in that case.
Mustang19 is offline   Reply With Quote