View Single Post
Old 09-13-14, 11:08 AM   #56
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Agrajag, you make some good points, and I agree with you. Yes, Crash Dive is not a simulation on par with Silent Hunter 3, 4, 5. I would contend that it is comparable to SH1, though. Not as simulation based, but not too far off. Although it is not a "serious" simulation, I think it does have much of the same feel and gameplay as SH1 and Aces.

The fuel is consumed during a war patrol, there is a status bar at the top of the map screen that shows its state. I would argue that the resupplies are too frequent--real U-boat skippers usually did not resupply 3 times in a patrol, so going back to base and ending the patrol is right.

Quote:
The ships you take down are from a very small list of ships and you'll see the same ones even in the same patrol and even after you sunk them.
Definitely agree, would love to see more variety. BTW, Scott, what is a Clickitat class tanker?

Quote:
The ships you take down are from a very small list of ships and you'll see the same ones even in the same patrol and even after you sunk them.
Again, I agree. There are areas such as this where the AI could use additional attention, but I would still say the overall AI rates good. Not great, not perfect, but perfectly playable.

I hope this does not come off as argumentative, I appreciate the feedback.

Neal