View Single Post
Old 02-10-14, 11:48 PM   #228
Drake
Swabbie

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Listen Drake...You are the first of more then 600 persons who have downloaded this megamod and found it's install instruction "ambiguous". Is it really so hard to follow the steps from download page?!
Its not a matter of difficulty. Its a matter of it actually working. If a person does one thing wrong, it might not work. In this case its likely that I used an old version, or mixed versions together because you don't seem to understand the simple concept of version numbers... It's really not difficult.

Quote:
I clearly said yesterday that previous version is moved to the second post
Where? I don't see that on the front page, or any part of you first two posts. Am I supposed to scroll through every page of postings to know this or what?..

Quote:
you're trying to find some connection between two separate megamods.
So in the previous sentence it was an old version, now its a separate mod all together? This is a very ambiguous statement.

So let me see if I understand this correctly.. The version history goes like this:
Grey Wolves - SH5 Megamod
Grey Wolves 1.01 Patch
Grey Wolves 1.01 --new version? shouldn't it be named 1.02?
Grey Wolves 1.01 plotter fix -- its a patch, give it a new version.

Instead of 1.00, 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, etc you have 4 files, one without a version number, and 3 with the same. No dates for when that version was released, and no other explanation other than how to install them.

Can you understand how this could be confusing?

Quote:
Do your self a favor and don't think to much about 7.4.2 and 7.5.0 markings (not to mention that everyone who had slightest contact with modding of SH5 will know for sure what those numbers mean ),install the game, follow instruction from the first post and enjoy.
I never said I had any connection to SH5 modding. The first time I installed SH5 was a few days ago. I played SH3 a very long time ago. I saw some 'lets play' videos and it looked good with mods so I wanted to give it a try. I played 1.2 vanilla and it was pretty weak, and nothing compared to the mods I saw in videos.

As soon as I came to this forum I felt a rather arrogant & elitist feel about it.. Your responses have confirmed that for me.

Instead of offering any help, or an admission that you mod could have been named more clearly, Its gotta be my fault it didn't work, right?..
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote