View Single Post
Old 10-21-21, 02:15 PM   #192
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Pretty much over in the deeper waters area of the patrol zone... may see of shifting closer to the island & see if I can't pick up any targets of... opportunity. May not be close in enough yet...

Yeah, that particular zone area's well NW of the island... which would be considerably odd... you'd of thought the zone would have included the island in there a bit better than was done.

Don't take it wrong or criticism of the sonar... as I know that the S boat had limitations... & your revamp brings that out great, adding to the work of others. As what I said on it, wasn't that.. it was just a.. side by side comparison of the differences between the different subs.

Have to say... seeing the numerous ice burgs, was a nice sight... especially considering they were included in stock, but... seemed to be... AWOL a lot, at least to My estimation of stock. Just 1 suggestion... maybe of NOT having them... static, or stationary, as the case is... owing to fluid dynamics... they'd be mobile... not fast but still... not sitting still. Just.. a suggestion.

Hopefully, perhaps some other modder, with the ability to do it... could maybe see of modeling them a bit.. better.

But... that's something to look at, for later...

Yes, they were absent in stock as was traffic in the areas they were present. I recall exploring and never saw an iceberg nor targets in Sea of Okhotsk (aside from La Perouse area) or Aleutians etc. I thought the icebergs were a mod thing though, interesting. I added them for immersion. Most are mobile, floating around slowly. However, I did leave some as static to make sure they were visible/encountered for immersion. I recall having one off Dutch Harbor area be stationary for that reason

Fun fact is the very large icebergs can be detected on SD radar as they tower the minimum height of the radar lol. Shocked me when saw that. I turned off SJ to avoid having radar operator call out the contact with the berg, but SD (which we cant turn off currently) did pick it up.

So cold weather clothing mod, icebergs, a more in line reality with S Class sub, now all you need is targets lol What is the current day ,month, year in your S boat campaign?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote