View Single Post
Old 12-08-20, 12:13 PM   #55
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I knew you would ask me that, yet I still didn't look that up...

I used a "regular" LAB_NormalAirBase, which for the time period, used AirGroup 2 (the list and some of the airplanes have since changed, btw):
[AirGroup 2]
StartDate=19420602
EndDate=19440101
Squadron1Class=LBSUSSearchPlane
Squadron1No=2
Squadron2Class=FBP51Mustang
Squadron2No=2
Squadron3Class=FBWildcat
Squadron3No=3
Squadron4Class=LBSPBY5A
Squadron4No=3
Squadron5Class=LBSPBY5
Squadron5No=3
Squadron6Class=USDiveBomber
Squadron6No=6
Squadron7Class=FBP47
Squadron7No=4
Squadron8Class=FBP40Warhawk
Squadron8No=4
Squadron9Class=LBB25Mitchell
Squadron9No=4
of which we normally saw the P-40 and Wildcat dispatched first, then the PBYs would show up, sometimes the Dauntless, and sometimes the B-25, which if they come, turn out the lights!... (cannons) the "dive bombers" in SH4 are more like "glide bombers" that then either crash & burn immediately after launch, or pull-up, stall, and then crash and burn, even when set to "Expert", as vdr1981 alluded to earlier. Even the B-25s and PBY have issues with bomb runs. In FotRSU, all aircraft are set to "Expert", and they do fly better, though still not at a "competent" level. Maybe flight school student level... "You want me to do WHAT with that airplane?"... l
Order of appearance might be related with the different speeds of each aircraft. This is something we should take into account, otherwise fighters will take the place of more specialized but slower maritime surveillance aircraft. Except for attack fighters armed with cannons or rockets and for carrier-borne fighters, they should be used sparingly and they should be given a small max radius, so that they won't fly too far from the coasts.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote