View Single Post
Old 12-07-20, 10:06 PM   #52
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I have a video somewhere, where I was testing my submarine detecting enemy ships, and "phoning home" for an "airstrike". The 3 ASW type vessels were anchored, set to competent. My submarine was roughly 6200 yards away, outside any semblence of accurate fire from the enemy vessels. Generally speaking, after reporting my contacts, I would then see a response from a nearby airbase in roughly 20 minutes. First one airplane, generally (not always) too far to the "left" of the group to attack - even though they appeared to be well within visual range. A few minutes later (3-5??), there would be a group of 2 or 3 airplanes to the right of the group, sometimes close enough for at least one of the planes to attack, sometimes both. After an initial attack by an airplane, they next groups of planes would arrive generally "on-target", or close to it. Usually though, it seemed like there would be 2 or 3 flights of single & double planes already inbound that would not get the message. No matter what though, if there was any intervening terrain within the "spawn range", the airplanes would "crash", and then chance-generate a "Survivor", which is what I was testing for at the time...

finally found one of them

not as interesting as I had hoped - I used too much TC for continuity... there is another where an airplane crashes into the island mountain in front of the boat, and then another crashes into the one behind us. What I really remember is the one where 3 PBY sink all three ships in one combined attack... In this one, I end up having to do long-range torpedo shots to take them out, because the Allies had run out of airplanes... lol - the game will sometimes "skip a round", and doesn't send planes out each roll of the dice chance.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote