View Single Post
Old 05-31-13, 07:54 AM   #21
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The more I read about this Chromium-based browser, Iron, the more I am tempted top try it once I need to abandon Opera 12. Quite some opinions and reviews label it as the "safest browser in the world". The list of critical "features" (breaches I would call some of them instead) that Chrome comes with and that are not part of Iron, is a strong argument.

It also is portable, and needs no installation - you can run it from an USB stick apparently, and this adds to the strong security standard. Google-typical snooping functions are left out, and due to lacking installation, no IDying of the user and the hardware takes place. It also has the in-build sandbox of Chrome, and features like an equivalent to the NoScripts Addon for other browsers. Javascript can be blocked easily as well, preventing websites to collect data that allow direct profiling and identifying of the user. The browser has an advanced cookie-management that also allows blocking/deleting of flash-cookies which can do much more harm to the system if abused for transporting malware, than normal cookies.

Since the browser has given the Google Update the boot, updating the browser must be done manually. This too is more secure.

Heck, i download this ting now and try to run it from stick. Let's see myself.