View Single Post
Old 04-26-22, 10:23 PM   #21
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Able Archer View Post
I got it to work in windows 11..But only in the vanilla style..JSGME seems to not function correctly IE Install to g/sh4/.. Mod file shows but the files do not show on desktop jsgme for installing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Able Archer View Post
In the past few days i have installed sh4 in D: C: Cx86 G: none of them work..All i get is a pop up "and administrator has blocked access"...I have no idea what to do or try next...

This seems to indicate that you are installing with "/program files" or "/program files (x86)" in the installation path. JSGME does not function with those in the path.

i.e. edit the installation path to ANY drive letter as you are trying to do but be sure to delete the above from the installation path if you haven't already done so.

FYI, I never let any games install into /program files or /program files (x86)...

1. It's a left over remnant from earlier versions of DOS/Windows to supposedly protect non savvy users from overflowing the Root-folder with too many entries. Sub-folders such as /program files and /program files (x86) have NO limit on the amount of sub-folders within them because unlike the root folder, they can "grow" to accommodate literally thousands of sub-folders which wasn't a bad idea BY ITSELF but...

2. Microsoft built administrator privilege protection crapola into these two sub-folders "/program files" or "/program files (x86)" that interferes with a lot of programs not put out by Microsoft directly which includes the majority of games.

Member since February 2007

Wargaming since 1971 (1st game Avalon Hill's Stalingrad)

Hobby/Gaming Computng since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)

Last edited by Gray Lensman; 04-26-22 at 10:37 PM.
Gray Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote