Old 04-18-22, 06:30 PM   #16
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Able Archer View Post
I
have done those, it is all set to win7 administrator, and full screen and blocked...Again.. This is like a diesase, there is a cure somewhere..
And in my search i found this, maybe the thing blocking me---"DESKTOP-68K8GUU"
"DESKTOP-68K8GUU" is your computer name, that Windows gave it when you did the re-install of the Operating System. So the "Admin" of that computer (you, yourself and thee) blocked you, the player, on the machine. What Windows just absolutely ~loves~ to do to a person re-installing their OS is to create a "Normal User" account for you to log into, and then complain that you do not have "proper authority" to install or modify programs, especially ones in the "Program Files (x86)" folder. Do not install SH4 there. Make your own folder and then your own Install Path in the SH4 install routine, such as "C:\Games\SH4", and then you won't have to worry as much about Administrator Account issues. You might still have to change the UAC and BH pointed out, and you will almost definitely have to noodle with the Properties page, as I pointed out, and you'll have to heed KM and MM's advices, but the game will indeed run on Windows 11 on most any machine, Windows 10 on most any machine, etc. etc., all the way back to and including WinXP. It just gets a pinch more difficult with each version of Windows...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote