View Single Post
Old 11-22-22, 06:01 AM   #31
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 578
Uploads: 8

GrenSo has made a Best of SUBSIM nomination.
Category:
Quote:
Most Helpful
Post: Found a good solution for a problem with Win 11 and TWoS and described its implementation in detail.
Forum: SH5 Mods Workshop

Posted by: JerseySeven
Nominated Post: Link
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikos View Post
Just wanted to say that i have the exact same problem here. Also win11. Also blank identification book and suddenly missing charts. You are not the only one with this problem. I am also totaly frustrated because i tried so many different things for hours :confused:
It's got to be something that all of us Win11 users have in common. I'm most suspicious of Windows Defender. Since the v22H2 Win11 update, it even flags Intel drivers as problematic. I've turned off "Reputation-based protection" but need more information on "Exploit protection" settings.

Meanwhile, try this it may help:
1. Make a fresh install of SH5 and TWOS and, as insurance if you need to re-copy any files, backup the newly installed folder somewhere before running the game!

2, Run JSGME and add any mods you plan to use. Then set everything in the TWOS-parts folder (except TWOS-parts/jsgme.ini) to read-only.

3. Set everything in the data folder to read-only, except data/automation and data/cfg folders.

I've been running this way for a week, without losing any user charts or getting UZO corruption. Only problem is that the image in the recognition manual is frozen and doesn't change. I haven't yet discovered what file or files I can safely change without losing the charts again.

Please reply if it works for you!
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote