View Single Post
Old 11-13-22, 03:27 AM   #14083
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySeven View Post
If I delete the Silent Hunter 5 folder and copied all SH5-TWOS files from an unplayed backup it works fine... for awhile. In the image below, you see the user charts, and recog manual are fine, and the UZO looks normal.

https://imgur.com/a/4uZvSHD

So, Win11 can display things properly, but only for a time. Pressing 'O' for the clock messes everything again, instantly. Also, using the enigma decoder seems to also initiate the problem. Sometimes, not doing either of those actions, and the UZO and recog manual will still blank out.

BTW: I had excluded the Silent Hunter 5 folder from my antivirus sniffing around. Apparently, that was not enough to prevent recurrence of the problem.

Unless someone has a breakthrough solution, I will just install Windows 10 on a bootable USB stick, along with UPlay, and Silent Hunter 5. I'm done wasting time getting this to work in Win11.

Thankfully, I do not need to do this with SH3 or SH4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySeven View Post
@Vecko
Thank you for your kind offer. I'm a bit frustrated at this point and am ready to give up.
If you want to have a look, I'll be glad to send you the dll files in a zipped folder.
Did you want all of the .dll files or just the ones that start with TDW?
No, I was talking about simple dds files (textures) but it seems that the problem is much more deeper than that, system related. I'm not even sure where to start to look for the issues. The big question now is to narrow down why some win11 users have this problem while others don't...

Can you try next time instead of copying entire SH5 folder, copy just TDW_dragables and dll files. Will that also temporarily fix the problem?

Last edited by vdr1981; 11-13-22 at 03:42 AM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote