Old 11-12-22, 05:43 AM   #14078
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySeven View Post
Things are getting stranger...
I did a clean install of stock SH5, and TWOS 2.2.25 full. For about 20 minutes of real time in game, everything was working fine. Charts, recog manual, UZO.
I did a mid patrol save in the middle of the sea. No contacts. Not submerged. Down in the control room. Resumed game: UZO - square white image. Recog: square white image where ship should be. Charts: just white images.
Exited to desktop, reloaded, and everything was still screwy.
I'm totally stumped!

EDIT: I think it has to do with the files ending in .TDW, which from the time stamps, get recopied to the main folder every time you load a save. Maybe they get corrupted in the process... but why only in Win11???

These filest get updated on every save:

PageAutomation_Draggables.TDW
PageChalkBoard_Draggables.TDW
PageDefaultHud_Draggables.TDW
Pageeventcamera_Draggables.TDW
Pagelayout_Draggables.TDW
PageNavMapFeatures_Draggables.TDW
PageSpeechRecSettings_Draggables.TDW
PageTDC_Draggables.TDW
PageTutorial_Draggables.TDW
PageXO_TDC_Dialog_Draggables.TDW
ScopeSettings.TDW

ScopeSettings is probably benign: just scope HUD filter colors.

Maybe "PageNavMapFeatures_Draggables.TDW"?

I can delete the game folder and recopy all the files after a fresh install and everything works the first time I load a save. If I save, and reload, then the various helpful charts all turn white. Exit to menu and reload the same save, and the charts don't show at all.

Interestingly, this correlates with with recog manual glitch and the UZO glitch as well.
It seems that Win11 with recent updates from some reason doesn't like old dds files from TWoS. Im not really sure how to test this since I use win7 still.
Maybe compression settings in dds files could be problematic. If someone could re-save few dds files on win11 without any compression, that may tell us something...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote