View Single Post
Old 10-03-22, 03:35 PM   #15
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Onkel Neal has made a Best of SUBSIM nomination.
Nomination Category:
Quote:
Outstanding Member
Nomination basis: Really going the distance on helping player with Destroyer UH. Bravo!
Forum: Destroyer - The U-Boat Hunter

Nominated Member: Cobarus
Nominated Post: Link
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by serezha View Post
I copied the link to my Player.log file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fc3...ew?usp=sharing
Thank you. I have looked through the LOG file and it appears your case is a known issue between the Unity game engine and DirectX 11 on Windows 7 (and Windows 8.1). In the other cases I've come across when searching this issue, the game developers have needed to fix it on their end.

There are two things you can try on your end to see if they'll make a difference, however the first one is a temporary workaround that might get the game running, but could exhibit performance or gameplay issues.

Run the game with DirectX 10

See my attached screenshot for visual depiction of the following instructions.
  1. Open the Steam application to the Destroyer The U-Boat Hunter main game page.
  2. Click the gear icon on the right-hand side, located under the game's picture banner, and click Properties.
  3. In the Launch Options section, either type in or copy/paste the following line: -force-feature-level-10-0
  4. Close out of the Properties dialog and launch the game.

You can always switch back to DirectX 11 by following steps 1-3 again, and removing/backspacing the Launch Options line item.

Disable the Steam Overlay

On some occasions, the Steam Overlay can cause rendering issues on game launch. You can try disabling it, if it isn't already, to see if it makes a difference.

How-to—

Follow the above steps 1-2 to reach the game Properties dialog, and then uncheck the boxes next to both:
  • Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game
  • Use Desktop Game Theatre while SteamVR is active

Close the Properties dialog and launch the game.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote