Old 09-19-05, 02:00 PM   #164
Twelvefield
Planesman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeteufel
@ Twelvefield: Wow! :o

Your edited screenshot is a piece of art man, respect!
Lovely details, the oranges, the bacon and stuff, and also good "acting" by you, the expression on your face fits in the scene very well! :up:

(...although bad guys might think you just sh*t your pants by the way you are looking around... ; - ) <-- please don't feel offended, just a joke! ;)
No offense taken, I agree with you, my acting skills are awful. It took some doing to get the photograph lighting to approximate the lighting in the sub, so the only pose of mine that I took that had the light right on the hat -- (no matter how hard I try, I just can't "hit my mark" as an actor) -- also made me look constipated. On the other hand, at least I have an expression at all. The in-game characters are not wonderful actors, either, as their poses can be really stiff and unbalanced. I ended up re-working the kaleun to look more like a rendered computer character, and re-working the computer characters (their hair, clothing, and facial expressions) to look a bit less like clones.

One of my original intentions was to have some water pouring into the shot, and I was to be looking at that, but after I did the main composition of the picture, I realized that it would be difficult to get all of the other actors looking at the proper focus point.

I did include a lot of other little details that not only fill out the image, but they were also time consuming. If you just glance at the picture, you miss a lot of the subtle stuff.

You know, it might not be a bad idea for me to post a tutorial on how "Crush Depth" was put together. I have saved my progess on this image religiously, so I can show anybody who is interested all of the steps. I would be happy to do this in another thread, and when Admiral Mrs. Twelvefield isn't keeping me busy.
Twelvefield is offline   Reply With Quote