Old 04-13-22, 06:29 PM   #799
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revus View Post

It could help.
I was just about to turn out of the bay and saw mines to starboard and thought, "wow, very cool. Its a good thing this place is protected." Then I looked behind me with bino's and saw others...

Went to free view (usually used just for screenshots) and I saw what I had just sailed through! Dont know how I did it, but I missed countless mines haha.

Lol definitely got lucky. Since the minefields at most friendly ports are overall for show/immersion purposes, they are not as dense as should. This was done to lessen chances of CTD when running TC near port since large minefields can be problematic in that sense. With less density, its possible with luck, smaller vessels like a sub can ride through without hitting one, a lot of lucky involved though unless you have spotted them and are able to navigate. Remember, if ever caught in enemy minefield in same situation (can happen) can use deck and AA guns to blow them up. 20 MM and 40 MM handle them well. They make quite the explosion, just make sure are not too close when you gun them.

In testing I watched a DD wonder into the Darwin minefield lol kept barely missing mines, then hit one finally.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote