Old 12-28-08, 08:48 AM   #809
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserg
I've got question about torpedoes.

It is very interesting that every supermod must decrease torpedo power or increase ships durability. Is it possible to fix that?????? Vanilla version was fine, maybe needed some tweax.

As I understand, now torpedoes do holes in a hull, water get through and ship sinks(in some period of time).
With one torpedo it is fine, but after 2 hits it should sink rapidly, after 3 blows to pieces!! Flooding is one thing, but what about explosions which damage the ships frame??

On my last patrol I hit 7000 merchant 3 times, 3 torpedoes on various depths ( it was very good attack ), it stopped and went down. My crew didn't report that. Why?? Because the water depth there was about 30m, and the top of 2 masts and a funnel were over the water, even smoke went up. It means that ship was fine, wasn't destroyed, just started floating on the ground of the sea. Beautiful, isn't it??

P.S Sorry for my english.
Although TM did use WernerSobe's NSM for awhile, Ducimus removed it because of some unfortunate side effects neither he nor Werner were able to remove. Ship sinking in TMO is stock. In the stock game there will be some variability in sinking also. If you are seeking perfect uniformity, load up NSM and do keel shots. One shot one sunk every time. It's boring as what comes out of the business end of a cow. That's another reason TMO does not have NSM incorporated.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote