View Single Post
Old 05-31-22, 02:18 PM   #981
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
No, I am not using vicker interior mod, since want to finish this career and then began a new one more earlier in the war, etc.

Just v2.0 and the patches.

The charge landed on my deck and then exploded, I thought that would be and instant kill, but no. I began to sink and possible when I should had the death screen, I had the CTD.

I am with a Gato class, even at 550ft, silent running and 1 knot, after a good evasion, the destroyer would get me and ping me.

Yep, I pretty much eliminated the "insta death" from TMO., sub loss usually comes from flooding/sinking beyond crush depth because system was overwhelmed, but a close charge can cause hull collapse, depending on depth you are at. A charge blowing up on deck will typically cripple in some form if not collapse the hull when at deep submergenc. Often will cause it to sink as you described. CTD likely has to do with damage model.
Sometimes, SH 4 does not like the changes I made to the damage model
lol.

550 ft in a Gato, man you were pushing it lol. I assumed your were in Balao. I never go below 415-420 feet in a Gato unless forced by damage/flooding. One well placed charge beyond that depth and you're usually done. Something I found in testing is SH 4 does model the enhanced effects depth charge shockwaves have at the deeper depths.

CTD may have been that your boat was actually destroyed by the close depth charge, but the sim did not "register" it to display to you on damage screen. After it catches up with this, can CTD sometimes. I've had it happen before.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote