View Single Post
Old 12-17-15, 11:30 AM   #2
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Hmmmmm. Well I can attest that this is not an inherent Android problem, as I've never lost a file on any SD card with my Android devices. But that doesn't mean that your installation of Android doesn't have any problems.

The most likely culprit is a bad SD card. Back it up to your computer, reformat it, move your backup back to the card and test. If it solved your problem you're done.

But if it doesn't, then restore that backup to another SD card entirely. Does THAT solve your problem?

If you have a verified good SD card and are still losing files it's time to drop the H-bomb on your Asus tablet. Make sure all your data is backed up and do a factory reset of the machine. This will wipe it clean and reinstall Android to make the machine exactly as it emerged from the factory. Everything not backed up will be gone forever.

If that doesn't fix the problem then your Asus tablet has a hardware problem and it's chase the warranty time.

Running from operating system to operating system is likely not to solve the problem. Defective SD cards, operating system corruption and harware problems are just as likely with any OS and any computer or tablet on earth.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote