View Single Post
Old 09-26-14, 07:53 AM   #274
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
All I can say is that I have learned to compensate with the 9.3 over long distance.
You can't compensate the base-inaccuracy of a rifle, though.
I do not talk bullet drop, I extra mentioned the horizontal(!) offset, which is very noticeable with the 9.3mm at "extreme" distances (theHunter related).

With other weapons I do not experience that, or not as much.
Especially the original .300 will place the round where you really want it.
It is known to be the most accurate gun ingame.

Regarding weapon weight, your assumption is correct.
A heavy weapon rests way more stable on whatever you place it and especially if put on a sandbag in prone position or something like that.
Heavier rifles also experience less impact from the shooters body movement (shaking/vibrations etc.) or heart beat.
At ~800m+ you can really see what a difference a low heart rate and shooting between two heart beats can make.
This is worse with a light rifle and much more noticeable.

The only pro argument for light rifles is that you can hold them up more stable for longer if you can't rest it anywhere. Then again, that isn't really necessary in hunting mostly.
This is also one reason why military grade sniper rifles are quite heavy, compared to civilian hunting rifles. While your average hunting rifle will weigh around ~3.5-4.5kg,
where a German army G22/AW-F (.300) will weigh around 9kg loaded and with scope.

The heavy rifles being more shaky in tH is, I suspect, a victim of the beloved "game balance".