View Single Post
Old 04-24-13, 01:00 PM   #89
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
I hate to say it but you may be right. I am part of what used to be a thriving wargaming community where I live - dozens of players here and hundreds all over the country - playing boardgames and tabletop miniatures games. It was common for us to have at least ten people show up on any game night, which may not sound like a lot but that was for our favorite group of games, and there were many others playing games that we weren't interested in. Today we meet every other Thursday and there are never more than five of us. The hobby shop is filled with people playing fantasy wargames and roll-playing games, but the historical stuff seems to be dying out.
Yes, that's true...I only know one buddy, who has in general interest about (modern) history and with whom I can discuss related topics.

Luckily, in the board gaming sector, in the last couple of years a couple of solitaire games came out, which make a lot of fun....usually I am not a WWII subsim fan but U-Boat Leader together with the fan-made tactical expansion I can strongly recommend. There are also other WWII solitaire boardgames available, with a more strategic setting.

Concerning subsims in general: crowdfunding or the approach, which the warfaresim.com guys took...
Hawk66 is offline   Reply With Quote