View Single Post
Old 09-13-22, 04:31 PM   #29
Halcyon
Helmsman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 3

There is something really wrong with the victory conditions. I was running a small battle, had sunk 2 out of 3 u-boats and was converging on the 3rd with Antler and air support.

My lookout called a torpedo wake, and suddenly I get a cinematic of a u-boat shooting a torpedo and a merchant ship getting hit, followed by end of mission and the attached score screen.

How can the mission grade be "F" if I sank two u-boats and only one merchant was sunk?
Previous missions I've had up to three merchants sunk and the mission never ended.

I think the code for the scoring system has a bug in it, especially since the score screen says zero merchants were sunk.

*edit*
The game is completely frozen on this score screen. I can still bring up the ship wheel and speed windows with A,D/S,W, but no confirmation button or "X" to click to get rid of the score screen. I can still hear ocean sounds too, but everything else is paused. I had to Alt-F4 to quit the game.

*edit #2*
Another strange thing happened in this play session. I made successful drops on the same u-boat three times, and each time an oil slick appeared. That seems like an awful lot of damage without actually sinking the u-boat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scorebug.jpg (87.1 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Halcyon; 09-13-22 at 05:21 PM.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote