View Single Post
Old 01-04-22, 06:42 PM   #57
Andreas86
Engineer

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 1

I have to correct myself regarding my earlier post in the other thread, regarding BRIDGE.PAL. It is indeed used by the game, and is in fact loaded in right after all the TOWER.BMP files.

How AOD loads in various files, and their order can be viewed by running DOSbox in debug mode (DOSbox SVN DAUM has this included), and directing the output log to a text file. This is interesting! Here is a short example logfile i made, just starting AOTD, selecting single patrol, convoy encounter, starting the sim and then going to the bridge view:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1taB...ew?usp=sharing

It will output a log of everything that happens ingame, and the files that are loaded accordingly, so I recommend trying this! Also, the log confirmes that AOTD will indeed look for the files it needs in the SIM folder, and then afterwards in the .DYN archive if it cannot find a standalone file.

-By the way, from now on I will post everything I find out relevant to modding in this thread. In my other thread with the graphics mod I will just post updates and additions to the mod.
Andreas86 is offline   Reply With Quote