View Single Post
Old 04-01-14, 06:30 PM   #30
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scissors View Post
That Silentmichael tripped me out when i found out he was just 13 , My Goodness what a remarkable kid .( he the one trying to get all the crew on the boat But TDW knows that ,maybe random reader doesnt .)
Never underestimate someone just because of their age and/or because they can't produce a piece of paper saying they attended college My view on college is it's a total waste of money. I can run circles around most anyone and I taught myself everything I know from reading books and experimenting.

My dad though was the most influential person as to who I am now and what I know. He was a programmer and wrote custom software for financial institutions. He did not rely on anyone else to write his software, he did it alone. Many financial institutions still use his software to this day. At a very young age I was fascinated that your could type on a keyboard and make the computer do whatever you wanted it to do (within it's capabilities). This was back in the days of the Tandy color computer and the Tandy Model III/IV and Apple IIe and DOS. My dad saw this fascination in me and taught me what he knew. What he knew wasn't enough for me, I wanted to know more so I started reading books. I was reading books your typical 8yr old would not be interested in. The more I learned the more I wanted to learn more (still applies to this day). I quickly surpassed my dad's skills and there were many times he was asking me how to do something. What was the point of all this? The earlier a child starts learning how to program/writing programs/experimenting with programming the better he will become. Programming teaches problem solving, critical thinking, and most of all creativity. It's also a form of self-expression. A child's mind is nothing short of creative and a sponge for knowledge. If you can ignite that spark in a child's mind he/she will run with it and never look back

Silentmichael doesn't surprise me at all. I'd bet you'd really be surprised if you knew how old most of the people who take up modding are

Some of the hackers that make me look like an amateur are WAY younger than I am
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote