View Single Post
Old 03-20-13, 03:46 PM   #18
scissors
Shore leave

Downloads: 303
Uploads: 0
Default Graphics ..

All video games depend on their looks .. And audiences are particular .At a glance i can see . Hardware is the limiting factor ,, which leaves a narrow time frame to develop a game , And still be competitive with what people are expecting Graphics wise ..
Also i was looking and SH sales have never been in the millions of copies ... only the thousands .. Of which i probably tally ten copies between 3 and 5 myself..

Its all in the graphics ,,If you can make the waves crash pretty .. That is all that really matters... isnt it ? I mean if that can be achieved the rest should be cake anyway.. And that is the perfect subsim , Or any kind of ocean sim time circa 100000bc to present to future time ever on ..
At that point the entire crew could be rendered in stunning detail. Right now no ones computer could get close to handling it .. When sh 5 launched the computer that could run it maxed without stutter was a brand new monster of a machine ,, It takes a respectable machine to run sh5 well now.. Water is just intensive to render ..

Anyways ..... thats my wishlist ,, A good open water sim i don't care if its sailboats or whatever but a better ocean .. better beaches .. Better action where water meets shore .. And i guess while im wishing ill wish for the 10 grand to build a server rack that can run it ..
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote